Crispy Almond Roasted Chicken with Lemon, Rosemary & Fennel
This is roast chicken like it should be, incredibly moist with crispy roasted almond topping. Each mouthful is like a marvellous burst of the Mediterranean, the addition of fennel adds a subtle sweet aniseed flavour, while the lemon cuts through the sweet salty juices in the bottom of the pan. Enjoy!
8 chicken drumsticks
½ cup Alison’s Pantry Ground Almonds
2 fennel bulbs, fronds removed and finely sliced
1 lemon, quartered
1.5 cups vegetable or chicken stock
A large handful of fresh rosemary
Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Coat the chicken in the ground almonds, by rolling it in a shallow bowl.
- Arrange the chicken in a large roasting dish along with the slices of fennel, lemon quarters and stock.
- Sprinkle with the rosemary and a generous pinch of sea salt and pepper.
- Drizzle generously with extra virgin olive oil
- Roast for 1 hour or until crispy and golden.
Lovely with steamed green beans or peas.
Download the PDF version here: Alison’s Pantry Crispy Almond Roasted Chicken with Lemon, Rosemary and Fennel
This recipe was created by Eleanor Ozrich for Alison’s Pantry.