BBQ Chicken and Almond Salad with Cashew Mayonnaise (Serves 4)
250g asparagus (or green beans), trimmed
3 chicken breasts, sliced crossways into thin rounds
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
100g baby salad leaves
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 large avocado, peeled and cubed
1 cup Alison’s Pantry Roast Unsalted Almonds, roughly chopped
Cashew Mayonnaise (recipe follows)
- Cook asparagus or beans in boiling, salted water for 2-3 minutes until just tender. Drain well and set aside to cool.
- Heat a BBQ or grill pan. Season chicken on both sides and drizzle with a little oil. Cook chicken pieces for 1-2 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through. Remove to a plate to cool.
- Arrange asparagus, chicken, salad leaves on serving plates. Scatter with cherry tomatoes, avocado cubes and almonds.
- Serve with Cashew Mayonnaise on the side.
Cashew Mayonnaise (Makes 1½ cups)
1 cup Alison’s Pantry Natural Cashews
1 clove garlic
½ cup cold water
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Place cashews in a bowl and cover with cold water. Set aside to soak for at least 4 hours, or overnight in the fridge.
- Drain well and combine with remaining ingredients in a blender or mini food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy. Season to taste with salt.
Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
This recipe was created by Julie Le Clerc for Alison’s Pantry