1 1/2 cups Alison’s Pantry Brazil Nuts
1 clove garlic, peeled
Juice of 2 lemons
4 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Place nuts in bowl and cover with cold water. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 160c. Line a baking tray with cooking paper. Drain nuts and rinse well. Pulse nuts in a food processor, to chop. Add garlic, lemon juice, oil, salt and 1/2 cup fresh cold water. Puree for 3-4 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl regularly, until mixture is as smooth as possible.
- Line a sieve, set over a bowl, with a clean tea towel; spoon mixture into the centre of the towel. Bring towel corners together, twisting around the mixture to form a large ball. Squeeze hard to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Combine herbs and pepper on a plate. unwrap the ball and roll it in herbs, to coat. Place ball on baking tray; bake for 30 minutes. Remove to cool.
- Transfer cheese ball to a platter; drizzle with a little extra oil. Serve with crackers, nuts, fruits and other tapas-style items.