1 ¼ cup Alison’s Pantry ground almonds
1 cup Alison’s Pantry shredded coconut
2 teaspoons cacao powder (or good quality cocoa powder)
1 cup Alison’s Pantry select dates, soaked for 30 minutes in warm water
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
1 ½ cups Alison’s Pantry natural cashews, soaked for 30 minutes in cold water
2 tablespoons maple syrup
½ cup Alison’s Pantry select dates, soaked for 30 minutes in warm water
¾ cup coconut milk
½ cup coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon cacao powder (or good quality cocoa powder)
Pinch of salt
12 Alison’s Pantry figs, thinly sliced
1/3 cup Alison’s Pantry shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- Line the base of a 20cm tart tin with baking paper or coconut oil.
- Drain water from dates.
- Place all crust ingredients into a food processor and pulse for a few minutes until the mixture is sticky.
- Press the crust mixture in the prepared tart tin, using the back of a spoon or your fingers to spread the mixture across the base and up the side of the tin, then place into the freezer.
- Drain water from cashews and dates.
- Place all the filling ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Spread mixture evenly over the base and return to the freezer for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Place the slice figs on top of the filling and sprinkle with the pistachios
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
This recipe was created by Julia & Libby for Alison’s Pantry
Download PDF version here: alisons-pantry-caramel-and-fig-tart