Chicken Salad with Prunes, Pumpkin and Sunflower Seeds and Toasted Tortillas
8 small free range skinned boned chicken thighs
4 tablespoons, plus 50ml, extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 handfuls baby cos lettuce leaves
3 flour tortillas, toasted in the toaster until browned and crisp, broken into large bite-sized pieces
½ cup Alison’s Pantry Prunes, halved
1 red chilli, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons each of Alison’s Pantry Pumpkin and Sunflower Seeds, toasted
Basil leaves for serving
- Put the chicken thighs, the 4 tablespoons of oil and the oregano into a bowl. Toss to coat.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Panfry or barbecue the chicken for about 6 minutes on each side over moderate heat or until cooked through.
- Remove and slice the chicken across the grain of the meat.
- Put the cos leaves, tortillas, tomatoes, prunes and chilli into a large serving bowl.
- Put the sliced chicken on top.
- Mix the lemon juice and the remaining 50ml of oil.
- Taste and season.
- Drizzle this over the salad.
- Sprinkle the seeds and basil leaves over everything.
Recipe from Ray McVinnie for Alison’s Pantry Christmas booklet 2014
Download the PDF version here: Chicken Salad with Prunes, Pumpkin and Sunflower Seeds and Toasted Tortillas