Fishcakes with Cashew Relish
1 egg white, lightly beaten
½ teaspoon each salt and freshly ground white pepper
2 tablespoons coriander stalks, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
600g skinned boned firm white fish, cut into 3 cm pieces
½ cup coconut cream
6 green beans thinly sliced
vegetable oil for brushing
lime wedges for serving
- Put everything except the beans, oil and lime wedges into a food processor and process until you have a thick paste.
- Remove from the processor, put in a bowl and stir in the sliced beans.
- With lightly oiled hands, form the mixture into 18 small fish cakes.
- Brush the fish cakes well with vegetable oil.
- Barbecue the fish cakes until browned on each side and just cooked through.
- Serve with the Cashew Relish.
¾ cup coconut cream
2 tablespoons grated palm sugar
4 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 red chilli, thinly sliced
the zest of 1 lime or lemon
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 cup Alison’s Pantry Roasted Unsalted Cashew Nuts, chopped
1 handful coriander sprigs
- Put the coconut cream, sugar, lime or lemon juice, fish sauce, chilli, zest into a bowl and mix well so the sugar dissolves.
- Taste and season with salt if necessary.
- Just before serving add the spring onions, cashews and coriander. Don’t do this until the relish is needed so that these last three things stay crunchy.
Recipe from Ray McVinnie for Alison’s Pantry Christmas booklet 2014
Download the PDF version here: Fishcakes with Cashew Relish