Israeli Couscous & Chickpea Salad
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
1 cup Alison’s Pantry Israeli Couscous
2 cups water
1 x 400 gram can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
3 teaspoons olive oil
½ cup Alison’s Pantry walnuts, roughly chopped and toasted
1/3 cup Alison’s Pantry sunflower seeds, toasted
2 – 3 cups kale, finely shredded
75 grams goats cheese, roughly chopped
1/3 cucumber, sliced
1/2 avocado, sliced
Juice of ½ lemon
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
2/3 cup olive oil
- Bring water to boil in a pot, add 1 cup Israeli Couscous and simmer for approx. 10 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
Remove the pot from the heat.
- While the Israeli Couscous is cooking, toast the sunflower seeds and walnuts. In a small pot or pan add 1 teaspoon olive oil, walnuts and sunflower seeds. Gently heat and continuously move about so that they do not burn. Toast for 3 minutes, remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat a large fry pan or wok over medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons olive oil, salt, chickpeas and Israeli Couscous. Toss about for 5 minutes so that everything is hot. Remove from heat and transfer to serving bowl.
- Add the shredded kale, cucumber, cheese, avocado, toasted walnuts and sunflower seeds to the Israeli Couscous base.
- In a medium bowl, place the lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, garlic and mustard and whisk together until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour on top of salad and toss. Enjoy!
This recipe was created by Julia & Libby for Alison’s Pantry
Download PDF version here: Julia-Libby-Israeli-Couscous-Chickpea-Salad