Israeli Couscous Salad with Orange, Radish, Mint & Candied Pecans
Couscous tossed with juicy slices of orange, fresh cucumber, sweet toasted pecans and a welcome dash of bright green in the form of fresh mint and parsley. Enjoy with roasted meat and a dollop of fresh greek yoghurt.
For the salad:
1 cup Alison’s Pantry Israeli Couscous
1 cup fresh mint leaves, finely sliced
1 cup fresh parsley leaves, finely sliced
6 radishes, finely sliced in to rounds
2 oranges, sliced into segments
1/3 cup olive oil
¼ cup lemon juice
Sea salt & ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the pecans in the baking tray and drizzle with the honey or maple syrup. Toss well to coat, then sprinkle with the sea salt.
- Roast in the oven for 10 minutes or until fragrant.
- Soak the Israeli Couscous in water for at least an hour, or overnight if you can Drain and then rinse thoroughly.
- Place in a large heat proof bowl, and over with boiling water. Leave to soften for 20 minutes.
Drain well, and then toss with the remaining salad ingredients.
Season to taste.
Download the PDF version here: Israeli-Couscous-Salad-with-Orange-Radish-Mint-Candied-Pecans
This recipe was created by Eleanor Ozrich for Alison’s Pantry.