Leeks Braised in Cream with Toasted Walnuts
Serves 6-8 as a side dish.
Sweet delicate leeks have an affinity with cream and cheese. I topped this dish with gruyere, although most types of creamy cheese would work well. Decorated with toasty walnuts, this golden bake is an absolute joy to eat.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Remove the ends from the leeks, and slice each one lengthwise.
- Preheat a cast iron grill or frypan over high heat, and grease with a little oil or butter.
- Grill the leeks and mushrooms for about 2-3 minutes on each side, then transfer to a baking dish.
- Pour the cream over the top, and then sprinkle over the grated cheese and walnuts.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until bubbling around the edges and golden on top.
Leave too cool slightly before serving.
Download the PDF version here: Alison’s Pantry Leeks braised in cream with toasted walnuts
This recipe was created by Eleanor Ozrich for Alison’s Pantry.