1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup icing sugar
Good pinch of salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cardamon
Finely grated rind of 1 lime
125g Alison’s Pantry Roast Salted Macadamias, Chopped
150 g butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 180c.
2. Line a 23cm square baking or slice tin with baking paper.
3. In a bowl combine all ingredients except the butter, mix well.
4. Using a round bladed knife, mix in the melted butter unit the dough resembles coarse bread crumbs.
5. Press the mixture into the prepared tin.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until the shortbread is just beginning to colour, remove from the oven and sprinkle top with a little sugar (castor or raw)
7. Return to oven and cook for another 2 minutes.
8. Cool in baking tin.
9. Break into pieces.
10. Store in an air tight container.
Download the PDF version: Macadamia Shortbread