1 ½ cup fine polenta
1 1/3 cup self-raising flour
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
¾ cup Alison’s Pantry Pecans, finely chopped
½ cup red capsicum, finely chopped
2 spring onions, finely sliced
1 red chilli, seeded and chopped
½ cup crème fraiche
1 cup milk
1 tsp jalapeño Tabasco sauce
1 cup grated tasty cheese
2 tbsp melted butter
1/3 cup Alison’s Pantry Pecans
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease or line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl and add pecans, capsicum, spring onion and chilli.
- In another bowl beat the eggs, crème fraiche, milk, Tabasco sauce and cheese, then carefully mix into the dry ingredients. Stir in the melted butter
- Place the mixture into the loaf tin, place whole pecans on top of the mixture.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and cover with tinfoil, return to the oven for a further 10 minutes or until the bread has risen and is firm to the touch. Cool slightly and serve warm with butter.
Download the PDF version here: Alison’s Pantry Pecan Corn Bread
This recipe was created by Simon Gault for Alison’s Pantry.