1 cup Alison’s Pantry Walnuts
½ cup Alison’s Pantry Natural Almonds
1 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
Zest of 3 lemons
Large handful fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
Large handful fresh Italian parsley, roughly chopped
¼ teaspoon dried chili flakes
Sea salt & cracked black pepper
300g dried spelt spaghetti
Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 120°celsius
- Layer the nuts in a single layer on a tray and roast for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes before starting to cook the pasta.
- Fill a large pot with water. Salt well and bring to the boil, add pasta and cook til al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, place all the nut crumb ingredients into a food processor and blitz until it is the texture of coarse breadcrumbs. Taste and season well with sea salt and cracker pepper.
- Drain the cooked pasta, drizzle generously with the olive oil and toss to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle with ½ the crumb mixture and toss to combine
- Divide pasta between four bowls and sprinkle evenly with the remaining crumb
This recipe was created by Kelly Gibney for Alison’s Pantry.