Sticky Fruit Mince Scone Scrolls
3 cups self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp caster sugar
1/4 tsp salt
60g butter, chopped
1 cup milk
1/2 cup plain yoghurt
1/2 cup Alison’s Pantry Walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
1 cup prepared Alison’s Pantry Fruit Mince – Kiwi Style (see Recipe)
1/2 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 cup icing sugar, sifted
2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and butter. Using your fingertips, rub in butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Add milk and yoghurt to the well, then stir together, just enough to form a soft dough.
3. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to form a 35 x 25 cm rectangle. To make filling, combine fruit-mince, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Spread mixture over the dough.
4. Roll up dough to form a log. Use a sharp knife to slice log into 12 equal portions. Press, spiral-side up, onto a greased baking tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
5. To make icing, combine icing sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Drizzle icing over finished buns, sprinkle with walnuts and serve warm.
Download the PDF version: Sticky Fruit Mince Scone Scrolls