5-6 baby Portobello mushrooms
4 medium sized tomatoes
1 cup Alison’s Pantry Walnuts
2 cloves garlic
2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
A good pinch of sea salt
A generous tsp of grated lemon zest
¼ cup of lemon juice
Handful of fresh basil
- Blend all the filling ingredients in food processor until resembles a slightly chunky bread crumb.
MARINADE FOR THE TOMATO AND MUSHROOMS:
4 tbsp soy sauce (tamari)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Combine tamari sauce and olive oil
- Remove the stem of the mushroom
- Cut the top off the tomato and remove the pulp
- Pour over the sauce and oil mix to marinate mushrooms and tomatoes in a baking dish for a couple of hours.
- To serve, fill the tomatoes and the mushrooms with the filling and pour over the remaining marinade.