Sunflower Herb Crackers
Easy and delicious. The perfect accompliment to a nut and cheese platter.
Also delicious with our Cashew & Spinach Dip recipe here
- 1 cup Alison’s Pantry Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 – 1 tsp salt depending on taste
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup Alison’s Pantry Sesame Seeds
- 1 handful of thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3-5 tbsp. of water
- Preheat oven to 180, line a 32 x 42cm baking tray with baking paper
- Put sunflower seeds, salt and garlic in a food processor, blend for 2-3 minutes until the seeds take on a dense flour consistency.
- Add sesame seeds, thyme, olive oil and pulse to combine
- With the motor running on low, slowly add the water, one tablespoon at a time, until the mixture comes together with a dough like consistency
- Transfer to the prepared baking tray, knead slightly (it will be a little crumbly), place a sheet of baking paper over the top. Using a rolling pin, roll dough out to approximately 5mm thick, remove top sheet of paper.
- Use a sharp knife, score grid lines into the dough to create about 20 crackers about 6cm square
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown
- Allow to cool completely on baking tray. Using hands, break into crackers along the scored lines
- Crackers will keep in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks
Recipe from My Petite Kitchen Cook Book – Simple Wholefood Recipes by Eleanor Ozich Publisher: Murdock Books