Nut & Cranberry Chocolate Brownies
1.25 litre capacity glass jar with lid
1 cup plain flour, sifted
¼ tsp baking powder
150g Alison’s Pantry Roast Unsalted Supreme Nut Mix
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup cocoa powder; sifted
1 cup caster sugar
150g dark chocolate drops
100g Alison’s Pantry Cranberries
To make gift jars, place the ingredients into a jar, in the order given. Seal jar tightly. Label with the following cooking instructions.
To create the Brownies
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a 17 x 27cm slice tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Tip all the ingredients into a large bowl. Add 200g melted, cooled butter and 4 lightly beaten eggs. Stir together until just combined. Pour mixture into prepared tin.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out with a few damp crumbs on it. Cool in the tin before slicing. Serve warm or cold.
Add some festive flare to your bliss balls this Christmas by simply rolling them in Alison’s Pantry Coconut and Alison’s Pantry chopped Cranberries.
An easy and stress-free way to add a Christmas theme to any festive feast!
Christmas Bliss Balls Gift
Add roughly 8-10 balls to a glass jar with lid, pop some ribbon around the jar and a tag and you have a tasty Christmas gift!
Here are some recipes you could use as a base:
Cashew, Cranberry and Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies
125g butter, softened
1 1/4 cups firmly packed soft brown sugar
1 1/4 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 cup (125g) dark chocolate drops
1/2 cup Alison’s Pantry cranberries
1/2 cup Alison’s Pantry cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Place butter, sugar and egg in a bowl and beat until creamy.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and cocoa and stir into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate, cranberries and nuts.
- Drop heaped tablespoons of the mixture onto prepared trays, leaving space for cookies to expand during cooking. Press to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until set around the edges. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to a week, or wrap in cellophane bags tied tightly with string to give as gifts.
Recipe from Julie Le Clerc for Alison’s Pantry Christmas booklet 2014
Download the PDF version here: Cashew, Cranberry and Chocolate Chunk Cookies