Buckwheat & Raw Asparagus Salad with Romesco Sauce
Romesco (Spanish almond and red pepper sauce) is delicious with this and other salads and also makes a great sauce for barbecue seafood or roast chicken.
Buckwheat & Raw Asparagus Salad
1 cup Alison’s Pantry Buckwheat
2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
1 cup Alison’s Pantry Hazelnuts (or Walnuts), toasted and chopped
1/3 cup Alison’s Pantry Sunflower Seeds, toasted
1/3 cup Alison’s Pantry Flaxseeds
1/2 cup basil leaves, chopped
1/4 cup extra virgin olive or avocado oil
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Cook the buckwheat in plenty of boiling water for 6 minutes, or until tender to the bite. Drain well and set aside to cool.
- Finely slice the asparagus on an angle. Combine cooled buckwheat with the remaining ingredients and toss well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve topped with dollops of Romesco sauce.
Makes 2 cups
1 cup Alison’s Pantry Natural Almonds
3 cloves garlic
2 preserved large red peppers, well-drained (available from supermarkets)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp smoked paprika
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place almonds and garlic in the bowl of a food processor and process until chopped. Add peppers, process to form a thick puree.
- With the motor running, slowly drizzle in the oil until emulsified. Add paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
- Keeps well for up to 1 week if stored in the fridge.
Download the PDF version here: Alison’s Pantry Buckwheat & Raw Asparagus Salad with Romesco Sauce
This recipe was created by Julie Le Clerc for Alison’s Pantry.