Clayton’s Pumpkin Scone Sammies
3 ¼ Cups Self Raising Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp salt
50g Butter, diced
1 ¼ Cups Milk
½ Cup Pumpkin, cooked and mashed
¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
4 slices Streaky Bacon or Prosciutto, chopped
½ Red Onion, sliced
6 Sage Leaves, chopped
1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
1 Tbsp Fresh Rosemary, chopped
120g feta, crumbled
Chargrilled Capsicums (optional)
1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
1 Tbsp ALISON’S PANTRY Pumpkin Seeds
1 Tbsp ALISON’S PANTRY Sunflower Seeds
- Boil small cubes of pumpkin and mash first. Then preheat oven to 210°C
- Fry bacon and red onion together now if you desire a crispier flavour (which frankly we all do).
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt, then rub butter in until you get those much-desired coarse breadcrumbs.
- Make a (wishing) well and pour in milk and pumpkin. Cut in with a knife until you get a rough dough.
- Put on a lightly floured surface and roll out a large rectangle about 2cm thick, cut in half.
- Put filling on top of one half and sprinkle ¼ cup of the parmesan here. Top with other half of dough and sprinkle other ¼ cup of parmesan and the seeds (and more bacon if you want some on top).
- Cut 12 scones and put onto a cold tray and bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Cool on the tray.