Full of natural, wholefood ingredients, this wonderfully sticky and delicious raw fudge is the kind of treat that leaves you feeling truly satisfied. Luckily it lasts well stored in the fridge or freezer, so you can just indulge in a piece or two as and when you wish.
25 Alison’s Pantry Select Dates
1 cup (150gm) Alison’s Pantry Natural Almonds (or cashews, any nut you have in the pantry at home will be perfect!)
¼ cup coconut oil (can be substituted for butter)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
3 tbsp raw cacao powder (or quality dark cocoa powder – we love Donovan’s Chocolate)
¼ cup cacao nibs, to garnish (or desiccated coconut, chocolate chips, seeds or dried fruit – anything you have in your pantry will work)
- Line a 15cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- Place dates in a saucepan and just cover with a little cold water. Simmer for 5 minutes, to soften. Drain off any excess water and remove dates to one side to cool a little.
- Place almonds into a high-speed blender or small food processor, and blend on low for 4-5 minutes until the mixture forms a creamy paste, scraping down the sides with a spatula occasionally. This produces almond butter.
- Add the dates, coconut oil, vanilla, salt and cacao/cocoa powder to the blender and process for 2 minutes or until a thick, smooth paste forms.
- Spread the mixture into prepared tin and smooth the surface. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to set for at least 3 hours before cutting into squares to serve.
Will last for up to 10 days stored in the fridge or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
When ready to serve, take pieces out of the fridge and top with a good sprinkling of cacao nibs.
This recipe was created by Julie Le Clerc for Alison’s Pantry.