250g malt biscuits, crushed
50g Alison’s Pantry ground almonds
130g butter, melted
500g cream cheese, at room temperature
2/3 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup prepared Alison’s Pantry Fruit Mince – Kiwi Style (see recipe)
To make base
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C. Brush a 20cm springform cake tin with melted butter.
2. In a bowl, combine the crushed biscuits, almonds and melted butter. Press the crumb mixture evenly over the base and up the sides of the tin. Chill in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
To make filling
1. In a clean bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add the sour cream and beat until well combined and the mixture is light and fluffy.
2. Beat in the eggs, to just combine. Don’t overbeat at this stage. Stir in the fruit mince and pour the mixture over the crumb base. Bake for 40 minutes or until just set in the centre. Cool completely in the cake tin.
3. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Remove cheesecake from fridge 30 minutes before serving so that filling softens a little. Slice to serve.
Download the PDF version: Festive Cheesecake Desert