1 1/4 cups self-raising flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup Alison’s Pantry Whole Cranberries
1/2 cup bing cherries, chopped
1/2 cup Alison’s Pantry Figs, Prunes or Dates, chopped
1/2 cup dark chocolate drops
1 large egg
1/2 cup sunflower oil
1 cup plain unsweetened yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla essence
125g dark chocolate drops
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup Alison’s Pantry Whole Cranberries, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease 10 x 1-2 cup capacity cake tins or standard muffin tins.
- Sift flour, baking soda and cocoa into a large bowl. Stir in sugar, dried fruits and chocolate drops. Make a well in the centre.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg, oil, yoghurt and vanilla. Pour this mixture into the well and stir together to just combine. Spoon mixture into prepared tins to fill by three-quarters.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of one cake comes out clean. Rest in tins for 10 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Place chocolate in a bowl. Bring cream to the boil then pour over chocolate and leave for a few minutes to melt. Stir together until smooth. Spoon topping over cakes and decorate with cranberries.
These cakes will keep for up to 3 days, if stored in an airtight container.
This recipe was created by Julie Le Clerc for Alison’s Pantry.