1 1/2 cup Alison’s Pantry wholegrain oats
1 cup Alison’s Pantry shredded coconut
1 cup Alison’s Pantry select dates, soaked in warm water for 30 minutes
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon ginger powder
1/2 cup honey
2/3 cup coconut oil
4 teaspoon ginger powder
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups Alison’s Pantry natural cashews, soaked in cold water for 30 minutes
1/2 cup Alison’s Pantry crystalized ginger, chopped finely
- Line a 20cm x 20cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- In food processor blend oats and desiccated coconut until fine. Drain the dates and add with the coconut oil, salt and ginger powder to the mixture, blend until the mix starts to stick together.
- Press the base mixture into tray evenly. Place into the freezer while you make the topping.
- In a small saucepan, melt the honey and coconut oil on low heat. Once melted add the ginger powder and vanilla, combine well. Remove pan from heat and stir for a couple of minutes until it becomes thick.
- Drain cashews and transfer to food processor. Add the heated mixture and Process until smooth.
- Pour the topping over the base and spread evenly. Top with the crystalized ginger and gently press into topping. Place into the freezer for at least 3 hours to set before serving.
- Store slice in the fridge in an airtight container.
This recipe was created by Julia & Libby for Alison’s Pantry
Download PDF version here: alisons-pantry-ginger-slice