Nutty Pavlovas (Serves 8)
3 egg whites, at room temperature
Pinch of salt
1 cup caster sugar
1 tsp cornflour, sifted
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g Alison’s Pantry Roast Unsalted Supreme Nuts, roughly chopped
150mls cream, whipped
60g Alison’s Pantry French Vanilla Almonds, roughly chopped
40g Alison’s Pantry Shelled Pistachios, roughly chopped
Fresh seasonal fruits, such as berries Fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 120°C (not fan-bake). Line two oven trays with non-stick baking paper.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. Add sugar, a little at time, whisking until meringue is very stiff and shiny. Sprinkle over cornflour, vinegar, vanilla and chopped nuts and fold in lightly to just combine (take care not to over-mix at this stage).
- Spoon dollops of nutty meringue mixture onto the baking paper to make 8 round mounds. Make an indentation in the centre of each to hold the filling.
- Bake for 1 hour until crisp and dry. Now turn the oven off and leave the Pavlovas in the oven, with the door slightly open, until completely cool.
- To serve, dollop cream into the cavities. Decorate with nuts, berries and finish with a mint leaf.
This recipe was created by Julie Le Clerc for Alison’s Pantry