Roast Potato, Cranberry & Kale Salad with Herb Dressing
- 3 medium potatoes, washed and cut into cubes
- 1 large bunch kale leaves, stems removed, roughly torn into piece
- 1⁄4 cup Alison’s Pantry cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup Alison’s Pantry pine nuts
- Olive oil for roasting and massaging kale
- 1⁄2 cup (packed) fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄2 cup (packed) fresh rocket leaves
- 1⁄2 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup toasted Alison’s Pantry pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Drizzle the potatoes with oil and season well. Roast for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Meanwhile combine all the dressing ingredients. Use a blender to blitz until smooth. Season to taste.
- Place the kale leaves in a bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, use your hands to massage the kale until softened and the leaves have turned darker and glossier.
Lay the kale leaves on a large plate or platter. Top with the hot roasted potatoes. Sprinkle with the cranberries. Drizzle the dressing over the top and scatter the pine nuts. Serve immediately.
Recipe and photography by Kelly Gibney for Alison’s Pantry