Simple Cranberry & Pistachio Terrine
This delicious terrine is a great addition to the festive table or easy summer entertaining. It makes a tasty sandwich filling and is perfect fare for a picnic hamper too.
500gm streaky bacon
750gm chicken mince
750gm pork mince
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
2 tbsp chopped parsley leaves
1/2 cup brandy
3 small eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 cup Alison’s Pantry Shelled Pistachios
2/3 cup Alison’s Pantry Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 1-litre capacity loaf tin. Line pan with bacon, slightly overlapping the slices and leaving ends overhanging the pan.
- Place all remaining ingredients in a bowl. Add 2 tsp salt and 1 tsp ground pepper. Mix together with your hands until well combined. Pack mixture into the tin, pressing down well. Fold bacon ends over to cover meat.
- Place a piece of baking paper on top; cover and seal well with a piece of baking foil. Place terrine in an oven pan; fill pan with boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the terrine. Cook for 90 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Cut a piece of cardboard to fit the top of the terrine, then place on top and weigh down with food cans (this will press the terrine). Refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, turn the terrine out onto a board and slice thickly.
Download the PDF here: Alison’s Pantry Simple Cranberry and Pistachio Terrine
This recipe was created by Julie Le Clerc for Alison’s Pantry.