Sticky Date Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
We’ve given a decadent family favourite a wholesome update with nutritious Alison’s Pantry ingredients. It uses dates for sweetness and is packed with the nutritional powerhouse team of almonds and walnuts. This dessert is full of rich caramel flavour and will disappear fast!
2 cups Alison’s Pantry Select Dates
1 ½ cups water
2 1/4 cups Alison’s Pantry Ground Almonds
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 free-range eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
¾ cups Alison’s Pantry American Walnuts – roughly chopped
1 cup fresh cream
½ cup coconut sugar
4 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius.
2. Place the Alison’s Pantry Select Dates, water, and butter into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and leave to sit for 10 minutes. Use a masher to break up the Alison’s Pantry Select Dates and create a coarse paste. Stir through the baking soda.
3. Add to a large bowl along with the remaining ingredients and mix well.
4. Pour into a well-greased oven-proof dish.
5. Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out just clean when inserted.
6. Leave to sit for 10-15 minutes before serving.
7. To make the butterscotch sauce, place the ingredients into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer very gently for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. The sauce will thicken as it cools.